adapted from theKitchn.com
I’ve made this pizza several times this summer and now that the corn, tomatoes, and squash are abundant, I’ll be making it even more! My version is gluten and lactose free, but you can use a regular pizza crust and cheese if you like. I love the pure veggies and basil garlic oil taste myself…delicious!
- 1 frozen GF pizza crust (I like Cappello’s)
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ears of fresh corn (about ¾ cup), cut from the ears
- 1 small-medium zucchini or yellow squash, thinly peeled into ribbons
- 2 oz plant based cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 440.
- Chop basil leaves and place in a small bowl. Add the minced garlic, salt and olive oil and mix.
- Place the red onion, tomatoes, corn, and zucchini/squash in a medium bowl.
- Add 1-2 T of the garlic basil oil to the mixed veggies.
- Put pizza crust on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread/brush garlic basil oil on the crust to edges.
- Arrange veggies on top evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Bake 11-15 minutes until edges are brown.
- Top with more fresh basil leaves if desired.
Cut into wedges and enjoy!