A holiday favorite! Always a hit! Walnut Cakes are also scrumptious. Make them both and watch them disappear!
Makes about 5-6 doz
- Mix together:
- 1 c. butter or margarine (Earth Balance)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. ground almonds
- Sift together and mix in:
- 1 2/3 c. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Chill dough. Roll with hands into pencil thick pieces, about 2 inches long.
- Form into crescents and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 14-16 min. until set, not brown. Cool on pan.
- While slightly warm, roll in 1 c. confectioners’ sugar mixed with 1 tsp.cinnamon.
- Follow recipe for Almond Crescents, except use chopped walnuts. Roll in 1” balls
- And bake 10-12 min. Roll in confectioners sugar. Cool and roll in confectioners sugar again.