Make the sauce: Whisk together the sauce ingredients, making sure cornstarch dissolve; set aside.
- 1/3 c water
- 2 T Tamari sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 T minced or grated ginger
- 1 tsp white miso
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Make the stir-fry:
- 2-3 T safflower or coconut oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into diagonal 2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, ends trimmed, large pieces halved
- 1-2 medium red or yellow peppers, cut into strips, about 2 inches long
- 8 ounces shitake or cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat until a drop of water sizzles on it. Drizzle 1-2 T of the oil around the pan and swirl. Add the asparagus and a pinch of salt. Stir fry 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms, and stir fry 2 minutes. Add 1 T oil and add peppers, snow peas and a pinch of salt. Stir fry 1-2 minutes; add garlic and stir fry 1 minute. Stir the sauce and pour into the pan, stirring constantly, until thickened and the veggies are coated, about 1-2 minutes. Serve over brown rice or rice noodles. Top with cashews if desired.
This is good with so many different veggies. I’ve used celery, zucchini, carrots, bok choy, so use what you have or want and enjoy!